The AU Foundation was established by the African Union as part of promoting domestic resource mobilization for African development. A key priority is to advocate for partnerships with the private sector that will see inclusive economic development and growth, the growth of African business, intra-African trade and shared prosperity.
To connect people, ideas, and resources to develop Africa.
To mobilise resources for African development in support of the AU’s vision of an integrated, people-centred and prosperous Africa that is at peace with itself and taking its rightful place in the world.
THE GOALS OF THE AU FOUNDATION ARE TO:
- Mobilise resources from the private sector,
- philanthropists, individuals, donors within Africa, the diaspora and globally.
- Build partnerships with the private sector towards Africa’s common prosperity and development.
- Connect people, ideas, initiatives, and resources for Africa’s development and Agenda 2063
- Advocate for the African Union and support its programmes.
The AU Foundation will fund programmes and initiatives in pursuit of Agenda 2063, with specific emphasis on the following areas:
- Skills and human resource development.
- Youth development and entrepreneurship.
- Women’s empowerment and gender equality.
- Promoting integration and the management of diversity.
- Advocacy and support for the African Union.